Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Poem written and performed by Skim Skima

I’m catching gazes that aim to catch gays.
Your eyes.
You ask me why I choose to look how I look.
My answer is the same question, back to you.
Homosexual. Put yourself in my shoes.
Gay bitch. I bet you can’t even imagine what I’ve been through.
How damaged I am, because of you.
It’s true I wanna love who I love.
And more honest I am. The more you wanna mess me up.
You said, my judgment day will come.
Well it did. Day after day. Gay.
Night after night. Dike.
You think being gay was a choice in my life?
Who would really choose to face this kind of hate?
They way they say it, you’d think I was Satan.
Don’t you see? Your hypocrisy is so blatant.
Stop complaining others are racist when you’re doing the same thing in my face.
Your eyes attack my faith. Faggot
And give me shame I can’t seem to erase
So I ask god to save a mess like me, but leave me blind
because I hate what I see.
Faggot. Silence I mask it.
Faggot. Everybody laughing.
Faggot. While I’m standing here
Disgusted that I can still feel disgusting.
No wonder I am so not trusting.
Look at me. And look at this world I am in.
And look at me again.
I know what exactly most of you see.
So let the names begin.
Cuz I guess I must trust my pain so much.
Enough to let it come inside me. Again and again.
And I must love the connection it brings from my heart to yours.
But I would never love the ways it burns.
I got a lot to learn. But some things I was born to teach.
Close your eyes and feel how deep I can reach.