Sunday, August 5, 2012

decanting a bottle of wine



                                                      (writing drunk poems)


Misery loves company?

Well my misery dont need any
more company, tonight. 
Not when I have a room filled

with stained-glass wine bottles
that likes to round their full lips of 

seduction and whisper,
'There wont be anymore grief tonight baby
I promise, just reach the bottom.'

Which are bolded LiesI wasn’t able 

to figure out, until much too late. 
Already too close to the edge to begin
I start to scramble to be -lips to lips-
To fall inside the womanly shaped bottle,
to circle lazy butterfly strokes and swam
in the chaotic point at her center.

I am a maelstrom with two arms to stir me 
careless, because I am only half a star.
Half a moon, tonight.
If misery is for company
than Merlot is for the Nightowls,

Even if we do ended up with a taste of bitter 
grapes bubbling like a cauldron in our stomachs.

Even if I do put my clenched hand
through green window pane 
when I remember 
grief lies, as I swam alone in the empty glass
looking for an
e s c a p e. 

Or my other star because I am becoming
delirious at how bloody fists
metaphorically looks a lot like bleeding hearts.