Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Over the bridge

It was a pretty moon hanging in the sky, waxing gibbous she pointed out. I like how astronomy turns up in the most random of places. I can say the class wasnt a complete waste. While I was in a silly mood, long before I saw her from where I laid in the grass. I found myself giggled to bits as I ran into her arms when she showed.

Affectionate.

We stood close to one another, always in constant touch. And if we did separate it was not for long. It wasnt hard for me to get a read on her as I saw bits of myself in her eyes. In the tone she used and the way she liked me to hold her.

If I didnt properly know the meaning of restraint before, I do now.

Her kisses werent rushed or hurried. Pressing our lips together like she had all the time in the world. Which essentially we did. And It was like taking a sip of cool water. Cooler than the flowing water below our feet. Dripping over my dry mouth, I was a dehydrated woman. If anything I am still thirsty.