Friday, June 4, 2010

Origins of the preference

okay so all the personality thinking and testing made my mind drift off to sexuality. Crazy enough I believe it was in my psychology class that the professor said that the human sexuality wasnt a choice but a preference. It has nothing to do with gender or sex, so nothing physical.

I am incline to believe this explanation over if a person was born gay or choose to be. Its a preference something that can develop early in the stages of life or later. However, I am still torn between the debate on whether that preference is conscience decision or sub conscience.

I kind of feel like this is just one of those things that falls parallel to the nature versus nurture thing. Because if it happens later in life as a conscience decision that I am incline to believe its a nurture thing but sub-conscience it could be nurture.

Being comfortable with my sexuality, for me personality it dont matter if it was nature or nurture, conscience or sub-conscience. I am indifferent. But wait, why cant it be both, a gray area for the hypothetical situations. Or is there some mysterious third circle in the diagram that is the unknown factor. I dont know really I havent gotten that far yet.